Friday, April 29, 2011

Week 5, 6 and 7 (yikes!)

Oh, wow, have 3 weeks gone by already? Whoa, time sure flies. I can see where my Dad comes from for haranguing me on not to waste my time; I'm so glad that I'm studying at Integrative Nutrition to be a health coach...

So blessing of blessings, we were given a respite last week from the modules as it was Easter weekend. I had grand plans of getting ahead, but sadly, that did not happen. However, I was still able to keep up my exercise regimen. What did happen was my husband and I going out to visit his family, which went pretty well. BUT this week wasn't so good. I started out sick and out of sorts, on top of extra stress from work, which led me to being frustrated then led to a huge crying jag. But now it's better, and I'm getting back on track. I haven't been able to exercise much too due to everything going on, but I'm hoping tonight's the night! I still have a ton of stuff to do, but I am going to BREATHE, then function from a CAN-DO attitude. And when I exercise, my energy's up and everything just looks and feels better, so gotta gotta gotta!

In other news, I believe that as holistic as we are, that we can also have the products we use work for us. Thus I've been meeting great people who share the same mindset, and adding a lot of products to my "bag of tricks."
So far, I have Zrii, Usana (assoc. 5528296), Natural Zing, Mila, Sacred Chocolate and Gnosis Chocolate, E3 Live, Natural News, Her Future and Raw Food World. I recently signed on for doTerra and Simply Divine Botanicals, as well. As my husband puts it, I get into things full force (like 150%), then pick and choose later. True enough. So we'll see what I'll stick with. The way I see it, there's no harm in being open to trying things out, then to find out which works for me, so I can confidently tell my (future) clients about it, and (hopefully) benefit from it, too. When I was getting overwhelmed and worried about all these, my health coach for the program said it's good to be open, versus allopathic, so I'm good with that :)

Apart from that, it's full steam ahead with health histories and various other requirements or optional stuff for IIN. I have tended my resignation at my primary workplace effective June 3rd, which is also when I plan to get LASIK (!), plus my Mom and my in-laws are coming for my birthday, which happens to be when my next health coach call will be. Oh, and did I mention that my husband and I are having our 3rd (and hopefully last-- it's a long story) wedding in September, so planning for that too--invites need to be sent out soon! So yeah, lots of stuff going on: one can only imagine how overwhelmed and pressured I felt this week. But breathe, baby, breathe. Still figuring out my target market, as well, though I am forming an idea around women with digestive and skin issues, though I may still need to narrow that down, not sure yet. The time we spent visiting my in-laws, I was able to look at holistic stuff with my husband (God bless him)-- always my interest, now for "research" purposes, and I chanced upon W3LL and Global Girlfriends. I saw them, thought of them with regards to my target market and my inner voice seemed to stir and nudge, and I got goosebumps. So hopefully I am on to something!

I haven't been this excited about stuff since...a while! There's this quote I love that got me into IIN and the idea of health coaching in the first place, and it goes, "Whatever you choose to do in your free time you should do as a job.” -Amanda Brooks, Barney’s New York Fashion Director, fromme-toyou
And now, study is like going through the tunnel toward that beacon of light. Work and play are melding, and I think that's an awesome feeling. I hope this works, and I hope I succeed in this endeavor, and that this is it for the long haul.

1 comment:

  1. So happy you were able to balance out the "blahs" and bounce back! I am jealous that you are getting lasik! A dream of mine...someday...Excitement is contagious, and your excitement rubs off :)

    ReplyDelete